Thursday, March 21, 2013

365 Days of Divergent



The Faction Four is hosting a Divergent Challenge.
"The 365 Days of Divergent is a worldwide meme for the fans of the series. Starting on March 21, 2013 and going until March 21, 2014, fans will take part in daily challenges in order to countdown the release of Divergent (the movie).

Use hashtags #365DaysofDivergent and #Divergent to share across all mediums!"


Day 1 of 365 - March 21, 2013
Declare a Faction!

I knew if I took the quiz I was going to get Abnegation (not because I'm selfless but because I'm shy and try to keep to myself). I started it and tried to choose carefully so I would get Dauntless and guess what comes out at the end? Abnegation!
Really? I don't want that, I mean I know I couldn't face my fears and I'd go crazy in the simulations but they have freedom and the others don't.
So I see both bowls in front of me, Dauntless fire and Abnegation stones. In the end my blood sizzles on the coals.
I choose Dauntless!



* The Dauntless symbol came from The Savvy Reader


Day 2 of 365 - March 22, 2013
iTunes Challenge!

From your Playlists > 25 Most Played > 4th song. Share the song and who you think best represents in Divergent.

I'm not very good with this, but the 4th song most played is Hey There Delilah by Plain White Ts.

Could I pick Caleb and Susan for this? Lol They're the only couple I could think of with this song. I don't want to write too much why, because my explanation could have some spoilers. But this song reminds me of them. It's my favorite song by the way. (This doesn't mean they're my favorite characters)


Day 3 of 365 - March 23, 2013
Favorite Character!

I love Tobias! He is just so amazing. He goes through a lot of stuff but he doesn't let it get him down. I just love everything about him.


* The drawing came from deviantART made by soniki360


Day 4 of 365 - March 24, 2013
Predict title!

Predict the title of book 3! We still don't know the official title and I'm sure we are all excited about it!
I've read many discussions about this and I think I agree with the people that say it'd be Convergent. It makes sense.
Divergent - One choice can transform you
Insurgent - One choice can destroy you
Convergent - One choice can restore you
It makes sense but I just hope we know soon what the final name will be!
I know the cover is fanmade and it looks amazing but I still think it looks slightly different from the first two covers.

* The drawing came from Divergent Fandom made by The Readers Heartstring



Day 5 of 365 - March 25, 2013
Favorite Quote!

So many quotes I don't know how to pick only one! But I think for the moment I'll go with these two. The first one is because I think is so funny and the second one because I really like it and it shows that there is more to Four than he lets us know at first.
"It's like they just popped out of a hole in the ground or something." - Christina
"A brave man acknowledges the strength of others." - Four



Day 6 of 365 - March 26, 2013
Drawing Four!

Draw a stick figure of Four.

I'm not very good at it, this took me a long time to do, I'm a perfectionist, sadly, in this case I only got frustrated so I left it like that lol
It was the best I could do, I really can't draw. Hands and faces and heads and everything are very hard for me. But it was fun in a way.



Day 7 of 365 - March 27, 2013
Random Quote!

Open your book to a random page > Share 1 sentence (nothing too spoilery!)
"The chasm reminds us that there is a fine line between bravery and idiocy."
That's what I chose from my book but I wanted to add an image and this is what I found on Goodreads Quotes



Day 8 of 365 - March 28, 2013
Divergent in stores!

I didn't have a chance to go to the store and look for Divergent in stores but would this count? Lol
It's an online store and they have Divergent under Best Selling in Teen Fiction.




Day 9 of 365 - March 29, 2013
YouTube Challenge!

Pick a scene from Divergent that you want to see in the movie. Share the song you want playing in the background. (Try no to use 'Radioactive' by Imagine Dragons)
I'm not good at picking songs for scenes, I don't even pay attention to them when I watch the movie. My little cousin is always asking me if I remember the song she's listening and when I say no, she tells me it's from a movie we've seen a thousand times. She always does this, she picks different songs from different movies all the time and I never remember them. And when she tells me what movie the song is from, I always ask her "when did they played that song?"
I though of a scene for this and kept wondering what song to choose. I didn't even know how to look for the perfect one so I tried to think of songs and one came to mind. So that's what I'll use this time. Hopefully I'll do better with the next YouTube Challenge.

I'm choosing the part where they go to the Hancock building and zip line from the roof. I imagine 'We are Young' starting after Shauna gives them a thumbs up and until we see the last initiate reach the floor. What better faction than Dauntless to have this song playing in the background while doing something like zip lining.




Day 10 of 365 - March 30, 2013
Least Favorite Character!

I'm choosing Peter for this. The other character I have in mind, which is worse, I'm leaving for another day.
He's done so many things, awful things, which is why I don't like him.
Miles Teller will be playing Peter in the movie.



Day 11 of 365 - March 31, 2013
5 Word Challenge!

Share the first 5 words that come to mind with "Divergent"
Bravery -- Selfless -- Adventurous -- Different -- Freedom

* (I wanted an image, it's late and I didn't know what else to use.) The different symbols came from Jolorkable


Day 12 of 365 - April 1, 2013
Divergent Joke!

April Fools Day, make a joke using Divergent related themes
I didn't come up with a joke but I'll think about it and I'll might come back.



Day 13 of 365 - April 2, 2013
Drawing Tris!

Draw a stick figure of Tris.
She was harder to draw, and my drawing only confirms that I can't draw people. Hands, feet and faces are just hard lol. I made it small so you wont see her face, it's the worse part.



Day 14 of 365 - April 3, 2013
Fanpic edit!

I like this picture because of the quote "Are you human, Tris?". I just love Four in this scene and imagining him saying that just makes him more human and real.


* The picture will take you to its original post on tumblr.


Day 15 of 365 - April 4, 2013
Divergent Pic!

Take a picture of where you keep your copy of Divergent.
I still need to buy the hardcover, I still don't know why I haven't already. I think I was waiting to buy both hardcovers but that'd be $40 dollars. I need to save money! Actually, I need a job. Anyway, it's still a book, or should I say ebook and it's where I keep it lol. My Nook!
Can you see it? Third column, second row.


Day 16 of 365 - April 5, 2013
iTunes Challenge!

Share the last song you listened to and which character from Divergent you think it best represents.
Because of You by Kelly Clarkson. The character that comes to mind is Tobias, although not all of the song is written for him, the experience is similar except he overcame everything and it just made him stronger.




Day 17 of 365 - April 6, 2013
Love to Hate!

Who is your favorite character you love to hate?
I know it should be from Divergent and even though I hate him mostly from Insurgent there are things from the first book as well. Caleb Prior
Ansel Elgort will be playing him in the movie



Day 18 of 365 - April 7, 2013
Selfie Pic!

Share a picture wearing the color that represents your faction
I don't own black shirts so I would only wear black pants, I still didn't take a picture of myself but I made him wear black clothes and changed the drawing as well.




Day 19 of 365 - April 8, 2013
PickUp line!

Come up with a pickup line as if it was Four trying to pickup Tris OR as if it was Tris trying to pick up Four. (use themes from the book)
I missed this day as well but I'm not very good at coming up with pickup lines. I can't think of anything so I'll skip this.



Day 20 of 365 - April 9, 2013
Symbol Drawing!

Draw the symbol of the faction you represent! It doesn’t matter how good or bad you are as an artist, just try your hardest. HAVE FUN!
Here's my dauntless symbol




Day 21 of 365 - April 10, 2013
FourTris Moment!

Favorite FourTris moment in Divergent
I love the Ferris Wheel scene! I already said I loved Four here, but in this case it's a FourTris moment. I love this quote, it just makes me see Four like a better person and not how you'd expect him to be. “I pause a second. He doesn't look at me the way Will, Christina, and Al sometimes do - like I am too small and too weak to be of any use, and they pity me for it.”


*Image by the Divergent Faction


Day 22 of 365 - April 11, 2013
Pic Challenge!

Take your copy of Divergent to work, school, or etc., with you
I was out all day and I forgot today was picture challenge day. So we went out to the car. Don't mind him being Erudite today.




Day 23 of 365 - April 12, 2013
YouTube Challenge!

Pick a scene from Divergent that you want to see in the movie. Share the song you want playing in the background. (Try no to use 'Radioactive' by Imagine Dragons)
My laptop broke yesterday and I hadn’t looked for a song for the scene. I’ll try to come back to this later.



Day 24 of 365 - April 13, 2013
Fear Landscape!

Describe what your fear landscape would be
I had to borrow a laptop for today's challenge.

Oh no, I think it'd be pretty crazy! So many things I'd face in my fear landscape, I say about 20 fears but I don't know if I can think of all of them right now. How will they appear, I don't even want to think about.

First, I think I'd face snakes and spiders, then roller coasters, planes, ending up in a hospital, riding a huge elevator, having to get on a space capsule, having to jump off a plane, bungee jumping (seriously, I’d end up factionless before getting to the compound!)



Day 25 of 365 - April 14, 2013
Rec A Book!

Share the cover of a book you think Divergent fans would enjoy
I'm choosing Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris because I think is a book, as Divergent, without as much paranormal as others, though still a dystopian world with characteristics that make it different from our real world.


*The image takes you to goodreads


Day 26 of 365 - April 15, 2013
Cast Member!

Share a picture of your favorite cast memeber
My favorite cast member is Christian Madsen, he's our Al! He's the one I didn't know who could play him but when I saw it was him I was sure he could make Al what he is!




Day 27 of 365 - April 16, 2013
Heart Drawing!

Draw a heart and then fill it in using words that best shw how much you ove Divergent /or, fill it with words that best represent the book
This is my drawing with words from Divergent!




Day 28 of 365 - April 17, 2013
Minor Character!

Who is your favorite minor character you think deserves more attention?
I think Susan, we hardly see her but she was Tris' first 'friend' and Caleb's love interest, it seems. I think we could see how they really were, beyond what they both appeared if we saw her more in their lives, talking and sharing, though they supposedly don't do that since they're Abnegation. She hasn't been casted for the movie, I just hope they don't cut her.




Day 29 of 365 - April 18, 2013
Pic Challenge!

Find the tallest building by whre you live and take a picture holding up your Divergent book in front of t.
I couldn't take the picture.


Day 30 of 365 - April 19, 2013
iTunes Challenge!

Go to SONGS > scroll to songs under D > share the first one that begins with D and which character best represents.
Another day I missed, I didn't look for my song.


Day 31 of 365 - April 20, 2013
My Divergent Story!

How did you hear about Divergent? Share your story!
I decided this needed its own post, here's the link.



Day 32 of 365 - April 21, 2013
Free 4 Day!

Post anything you want, just make sure it's related to Divergent!
I'm making a post for this as well, Free Four Day.
Who came to mind when I heard they were casting Four?

3 comments:

  1. OK I haven't actually read this series, but I really want to. I love The Plain White T's song you picked as well as the quote - that is a great one! Also, great job on the stick drawing. I don't know Four, but it's an interesting picture. I look forward to seeing all the days! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love the Divergent series and I can't wait for the third book! That's my favorite song, don't know why it's the 4th one though lol Thanks on drawing, it's not a stick figure but I didn't know how to add things to a stick drawing

      Delete
  2. Plenty of fruits and vegetables only lasts a few days
    before your test so that you are addicted to an opiate drug.
    natural body detox cleanse protein Nrf2 steers a signalling pathway which disposes of this harmful
    reactive oxygen. Find a alcohol natural body detox cleanse treatment option that will help you to overcome Candida.
    S natural body detox cleanse program which mops up harmful oxygen, seems to also
    be a part of a natural ecosystem. A diet that is rich
    in fresh fruits and vegetables.

    my homepage ... homepage

    ReplyDelete